Lead Game Designer
Phaser Lock Interactive is looking for a Lead Game Designer for our upcoming unannounced virtual reality game title. In this position you'll have the opportunity to play a key role in building the next generation of VR games on multiple platforms including the Oculus Rift, HTC Vive and PlayStationVR. If you are passionate about games and even more excited about defining the landscape of virtual reality, then we want you!
As a Lead Game Designer you’ll work closely with the studio leadership team in realizing the creative vision for our games. You’ll be responsible for key components of the game from initial design through execution, working collaboratively with all other departments to deliver an amazing product on time and on budget. As a senior member of the team, you will also be key in helping define the direction of the design department and mentor junior designers.
- Create clear and concise, visually-oriented design materials that explain mechanics, systems and features for current RTS game design
- Develop and communicate layout, content, or system designs through written documentation, visual design materials and verbal presentations
- Implement gameplay and game structure through the use of an in-house visual scripting tool; work with the Programming/Art teams to deliver content that meet each disciplines goals and deadlines
- Design, own, and prototype key game play systems; collaborate with the Design, Art and Programming teams to ensure that goals are achievable within the given time restraints
- Help assess the progress, quality and user friendliness of the project via methods such as usability testing, focus tests and in-house play tests
- Provide constructive feedback on all aspects of the game to the Creative Director; find opportunities to increase the entertainment value of the project and advise on how that information may be implemented, or held for future projects
- Help create consistent implementation of gameplay by working to define best working practices, processes, standards and conventions, for the design team
- Other duties may be assigned
- 8+ years of design experience on top rated games with at least two successfully published games in a senior designer or lead designer capacity
- A strong understanding of game design theory, with the ability to design and articulate high quality RTS gameplay and mechanics
- Advanced knowledge and experience with level editing tools and scripting (Unity, Unreal Engine or similar editors).
- Have an awareness of emerging virtual reality trends that inform modern game design and the ability to analyze these mechanics and apply them to current game designs if appropriate
- Strong communication skills including verbal and written skills
- Preferred knowledge and understanding of Maya/Max or other major 3D modeling program
- Experience with latest VR technology (including HTC/Vive, Oculus Rift and PlayStation VR) a plus
About Phaser Lock
Our mission is simple. Create amazing, mind-blowing AAA VR games that engage the player and ignite their imagination while innovating on the immersive experience and power of the VR medium. We only work with expert game developers who share the same vision in embracing the strengths and unique play mechanics that utilize the full capacity of VR technology. Since the inception of Phaser Lock, the team has been a small, hard-working group of individuals dedicated to pushing the boundaries of VR. We're looking for fearless explorers to help us blaze this new frontier. Sound like you? Join our growing team today!
Please send your resume and portfolio to email@example.com.